Friday, September 30, 2011

La Pasa @ Civic Centre, Canberra

Me and the Man tripped it down to Canberra for the annual Floriade festival. It was amazing and the park was beautifully lit with magical lights for the Nightfest but I did not expect Canbera to be this cold. I could not feel like my toes and felt like my taste buds would freeze off if I didn't have something warm FAST.

Even at Canberra, eating good food is so important. We researched for some eateries on Urbanspoon and found La Pasa, a Singaporean restaurant located a bit above the London Circuit. It took us a while to find it because the address was wrong or they must have recently moved.

I wanted something warm and soupy so I chose the vegetarian laksa even if I'm not a big fan of it. The Man got the Heinan Chicken and we also got the mixed entree.


The entree dish came with a curry puff, spring roll, fried wontons, some kind of chips and fried bread with sesame seeds. They weren't that great but I always love my curry puffs.


The fried bread. I loved the sesame seeds on top and the bread, although oily, was crunchy and fun to eat.


The Heinan Chicken. It came with three dips - soy sauce, diced chili sauce and raw garlic. I didn't taste the chicken but the rice was cooked in chicken broth and was so yummy I could eat it on its own.

Close up.


My laksa. I didn't really like this one. It didn't have a deep flavour and was a bit bland. It could have been better with more bok choy and less chunky broccoli and cauliflower. The fried tofu was nice though and overall, the soup was quite chili but not so much that I was crying through the meal.

I sort of regretted coming here. On Urbanspoon, it got a rating of 86% so I had high expectations for this place but when we walked out, I wished we went to the Indian place we found instead..

La Pasa Singaporean on Urbanspoon


1 comment:

  1. So sad.. chicken was quite bland, and the dipping sauces weren't that great either. Indian next time!

    ReplyDelete